The mandate of Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) is for communities to design and deliver social programs that are preventive in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families and communities.
The 2022 Beiseker Family and Community Support Service (FCSS) applications are now available. Applications must be received no later than November 30th, 2021 for any funding requests for 2022. There are 2 application documents available to download, one for requests over $1000 and one for requests under $1000.
For questions, assistance or submitting your application please direct them to Brook Swanson -Beiseker FCSS Director at email@example.com
Types of services eligible for FCSS funding:
Services that promote the social development of children and their families;
Services that enrich and strengthen family life by developing skills so people can function more effectively within their own environment;
- Services that enhance the quality of life of the retired and semi-retired;
- Services to promote, encourage and support volunteer work in the community;
- Services to assist communities to identify their social needs and develop responses to meet those needs;
- Services to inform the public of available services.
Types of services that may not be eligible for funding:
Services provided under a program must not:
- provide primarily for the recreational needs or leisure time pursuits of individuals;
- offer direct assistance, including money, food, clothing or shelter, to sustain an individual or family;
- be primarily rehabilitative in nature; nor duplicate services that are ordinarily provided by a government or government agency.