Stage 1 of Alberta’s relaunch strategy will begin on May 14, with a regional approach. With increased infection prevention and control measures to minimize the risk of increased transmission of infections, some businesses and facilities can start to resume operations. Examples of some eligible businesses include:
- Retail businesses, such as clothing, furniture and bookstores. All vendors at farmers markets will also be able to operate.
- Museums and art galleries.
- Daycares and out of school care with limits on occupancy.
- Hairstyling and barbershops.
- Cafes, restaurants, pubs, and bars will be permitted to reopen for table services only at 50 % capacity.
- For a full list, refer to the Alberta.ca website. Alberta.ca